Latest Press ReleasesCairo, Egypt,Nov 5, 2017
In the occasion of the Egyptian woman year
• Nestlé Egypt provides a full six months of paid maternity leave instead of three, emphasizing the importance of child care and breastfeeding at this early age
• Yasser Abdul Malak, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé North East Africa: We encourage all entities and companies working in Egypt to disseminate this important initiative to contribute for a healthier future for Egyptians
Nestlé Egypt is announcing a full six months of paid maternity leave instead of three, in addition to the entitlement of regular annual paid leave vacation days to all female employees, as of November this year, as one of the benefits packages to be offered by the company to its employees in the coming period.
This initiative emphasizes the importance of the first 1000 days of the child, where it offers a unique window of opportunity to shape healthier and more prosperous futures. During this formative period, infants require appropriate nutrition, stimulation and a caring setting to develop to their full potential.
"The company is committed to enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for Egyptian families, and especially for Egyptian children," said Yasser Abdul Malak, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé, North East Africa. In accordance with the country’s celebration of the year of the Egyptian woman, Nestlé is proud to announce that women have been given an exceptional advantage, in recognition of the importance of the mother caring for the child. At this early age, and we encourage all parties and companies to publicize this important initiative. "
"As part of Nestlé's long-standing quest to be dedicated of being a family-friendly employer and is committed to being an equal opportunity and diverse workplace, the company embraces initiatives that include the following breveleges for its employees," said Amr Saleh, Head of Human Resources at Nestlé, North East Africa:
- Provision of rooms for lactating mothers of female employees in all company locations to provide a safe and comfortable environment to help them continue to provide breastfeeding for their children for as long as possible after returning to work after the end of the maternity leave (six months).
- All female employees have the right to extend maternity leave for a period of one year and return to the same job or equivalent. The mothers who return to work are also entitled to return as part-time employees to help them meet the needs of the newborn.
- The company also offers another advantage in this regard, in addition to the maternity hour guaranteed by the labor law, all employees of Nestlé Egypt can work one day a week from home. The company also offers childcare support by providing a diverse set of discounts to childcare services at locations across the city. "
This announcement reinforces Nestlé’s full support for the World Health Organization’s (WHO) recommendation of exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life, followed by the introduction of adequate nutritious complementary foods along with sustained breastfeeding up to two years of age and beyond.