Want to lose weight? Eat Breakfast!
People who think that not having breakfast is an easy way to lose weight are completely wrong because it is exactly the opposite. Next you will learn on how does breakfast helps you lose weight.
Starting your day by eating healthy breakfast meal is the first method that you must rely on to get rid of your excessive weight and to keep your body in a healthy weight on the long term.
So what is the relationship between eating breakfast and losing weight?
- When you miss breakfast, it leads to slowing the metabolism of the body " the process in which the body burns the energy”, as well as decreasing the blood sugar levels, therefore, you feel very hungry after couple of hours; and your body’s energy and vitality starts to decrease.
This pushes you either to eat any available food that is often of high-fat content like sweets, or to eat large amounts of food in lunch and dinner. But when you have breakfast, your body gets the essential nutrition needed, and you feel satisfied and full; which reduce your hunger for food for the rest of the day.
- When you wake up in the morning, your body starts searching for food. The metabolism of your body will be in its active stage and both ‘cortisol’ and 'adrenaline' hormones will be at their highest level. Also, the brain will be in a need for energy immediately.
If you do not eat or if you eat small amount of food, this will push your body to search for another source of power, and then when you eat at a later time in the day, the body will be in a stage of extremely alert and caution, and as a result, the body will start store the energy obtained from this food in the form of fats to protect itself from any delay that might be happen in the coming meals.
- Having your meal in the morning is completely different from having it in the evening. As in the morning the body uses the food to increase the energy needed for body’s activities and efforts instead of storing it as fats. While, in the evening -especially in the late night- your body has no need for much energy as it become relax and ready for sleep, so when you eat food contains carbohydrates, most of time your body will store it in a form of fats.
- To have an effective breakfast meal that helps you to get rid of your body’s excessive weight; breakfast meal should contain the protein that helps you to feel full, in addition to carbohydrates that give you energy.
The best breakfast meals should contain:
- Proteins such as; low-fat or skimmed milk, milk derivatives, hard-boiled eggs, or sliced turkey mild fat.
- Carbohydrates that are slowly digested and dietary fiber like; cereals made of whole grains, wheat bread or fruits, as it helps you to feel full, without over weight your body with fats.
- Healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats such as (olive oil).
For more information visit our consumer website www.mynestle.com.eg