Safe Drive...Save Lives
- Sustain and continually improve the Safe Driving Program.
- 100% of frequent driving employees and contractors to be trained in Safe and Defensive Driving.
Our actions to date
- Since 2013, 750 people (including frequent driving employees, suppliers and distributors) were trained in “Safe Driving” achieving 100% of our target.
- Since 2013, we have been conducting safety and security road risk assessments for our frequent and high risk routes.
- In 2014, we have established a system for receiving and managing driving complaints from the public.
- In 2015, 346 of people trained in Defensive Driving.
- In 2015, 100% of our trucks and trailers have been equipped with telematics.
- In 2015, Nestlé NEAR organized an event called @ Work with Dad in support of emotional engagement of families of frequent driving employees.
Nestlé’s belief in Creating Shared Value embraces a robust and sustainable partnership with the community in areas that are synergistic and relevant to society.
Our concern over safe driving practices emanates from the deteriorating driving skills and road safety in Egypt that are leading to substantial increases in road accidents and fatalities every day. The Nestlé partnership with Egyptian Road Safety Training Centre (ERSTC) is a modest beginning to address a large and complex issue and we hope that it translates to lower accidents and fatalities in the years to come.
Since 2012, Nestlé NEAR intensified its commitment to improve road safety for its employees and stakeholders. Our commitment is aligned with the Global Safety and Health roadmap and Nestlé’s commitment to the Decade of Action for Road Safety. We are striving to focus on risks covered by the five pillars in this action plan, mainly safer vehicles, safer road users and post-crash response.
Our Safe Driving Committee constructed and lead our Safe Driving roadmap, using 12 elements defined to lead us to our ultimate goal; create a “crashfree culture”, company-wide and country-wide.
Nestlé NEAR established a partnership with ERSTC to address our challenges. ERSTC will also benefit from our investment in training to support the completion of its facilities and services.
We have quantifiably and qualitatively realized the shared value the program created between Nestlé, the community and the ERSTC, eventually making a difference in overall safety of the roads in Egypt.